Saturday, January 13, 2007

2006 Retrospective

Damn, is it already 2007? I distinctly recall sitting on the opposite side of this very table writing my "New Year's Resolutions 2006" post, as if it were yesterday. (On a side note, why do I feel like a loser for being at the same dining table I was at 378 days ago? Maybe it's that being in the same physical place makes me feel like I've gone nowhere in the last year... Or maybe it's that I'm sitting here on a Saturday night having opted to blog instead of go out. Whatever.) In any case, here is a quick run-through of how I performed on my '06 resolutions...

1. Take Cal Train to work more often
-- A+. I'm flying through those eBay commuter checks.
2. Learn or re-learn a foreign language
-- F. I think I actually just forgot more of the little I did know. Carrying over to 2007.
3. Go to Tahoe at least twice to ski
-- C. I did go once, and that was awesome.
4. Travel outside of the US at least once (unrelated to work)
-- D. Wow, this is a recurring one that I never fail. I started to plan a trip with a friend to South America, but we deferred it to this year for a number of logistical reasons. Boooo. I did go to Maui, but that doesn't really count.
5. Re-engage myself with some social entrepreneurship organization
-- A. Go Kiva!
6. Be better about staying in touch with friends (call at least one remote friend every two weeks and try to send birthday cards (making it quantifiable))
-- C+. I don't remember sending any birthday cards, but I do think I was better about calling friends.
7. Make 10% of my 2006 income from an outside investment/venture (interest payments, option grants, & ESPP disqualified)
-- F. No new outside investments or ventures. Definitely carrying this over to 2007.
8. Eat Tiramisu
-- A+. I love getting credit for being a glutton.
9. Whine less
-- I really have no idea how I did on this one. I definitely whined in 2006... hopefully less than in the previous year.
10. Blog more
-- A. :-)

Happy Belated New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home