Saturday, August 12, 2006

Nama-say-WHAT?

I blogged a few weeks ago about my interest in wordplay... Well, here's the next installment.

I started attending an Anusara Yoga class with my good friend Chris (of
Chickennutbread fame) a few weeks ago. The instructor is a bit of a nouveau hippie named Stacey... she makes us chant in bastardized Sanskrit at the beginning of the class, and she often speaks abstract-ese when describing poses and such.

In any case, after the second class I found a stack of postcards at the reception desk advertising Stacey's website:
http://www.namastacey.com/. Namaste + Stacey = Namastacey!! I may have been slightly offended if it weren't so G.D. ingenious! I'm now a semi-regular. :)

1 Comments:

At 12/14/2006 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Namasthacey is actually a sanskrit word, a variation of namaste. It is used in many slokas, like for example in the durga paath
"Namasthacey Namasthacey Namo Namah". It is pronouced Nama.th.sey
Play on words might have been intentional but pretty ingenious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home